Old 11-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Jeya Ganesh D

Default Ubuntu Software center errors

Hi All,

Please find the errors when i tried to run RhythmBox and Ubuntu Software center from terminal. I cannot open this apps through menu. Please let me know how to solve this problem

RhythmBox

** (rhythmbox:2035): CRITICAL **: atk_object_set_name: assertion `name != NULL' failed

** (rhythmbox:2035): CRITICAL **: atk_object_set_name: assertion `name != NULL' failed

(rhythmbox:2035): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Could not import pygtk
ImportError: No module named pygtk
Segmentation fault

Ubuntu Software center

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 25, in <module>
import pygtk
ImportError: No module named pygtk

Jeya
Ganesh D**The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Andrew Farris

The key error to note is here:

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 10:11 -0800, Jeya Ganesh D wrote:
> RhythmBox
[snip]
> ImportError: No module named pygtk
> Segmentation fault

and...

> Ubuntu Software center
[snip]
> ImportError: No module named pygtk

This basically means that the pygtk module can't be found...most likely
because it's missing.

To fix this, you could always try reinstalling the package
'software-center' which should pull in any missing dependencies...

I can't find the package that pygtk is in at the moment, but I have a
feeling it's probably in 'python-gtk2'. Try reinstalling that as well.

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew