-   -   can we dynamitically change the resolution of tsclient or krdc (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/284040-can-we-dynamitically-change-resolution-tsclient-krdc.html)

loody 11-21-2009 03:42 AM

can we dynamitically change the resolution of tsclient or krdc

Dear all:
each time before using tsclient and krdc, we will set the resolution first.
My question are:
1 Can we dynamically change the resolution after we connect to the
remote computer?

2. when I set the resolution as full screen, how can I jump back to my
Ubuntu desktop? Can I open tsclient at one workplace as full screen
and change to another workplace dynamically?

appreciate your help,
miloody

NoOp 11-22-2009 09:13 PM

On 11/20/2009 08:42 PM, loody wrote:
> Dear all:
> each time before using tsclient and krdc, we will set the resolution first.
> My question are:
> 1 Can we dynamically change the resolution after we connect to the
> remote computer?
>
> 2. when I set the resolution as full screen, how can I jump back to my
> Ubuntu desktop? Can I open tsclient at one workplace as full screen
> and change to another workplace dynamically?
>
> appreciate your help,
> miloody

If you figure out a way to do this (dynamically change the resolution) I
(and others) would be very interested. Just getting tsclient to use
other resolutions has always been somewhat of a problem - see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tsclient/+bug/63412
[Few resolution options]

Note that tsclient is up to version 2.0.1, whereas Ubuntu's version is
0.150 see:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=names&keywords=tsclient
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tsclient
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tsclient

Regarding fullscreen...
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tsclient/+bug/152615
[When in fulllscreen mode, impossible to close/minimize fullscreen and
so forth. (top bar)]

loody 11-22-2009 11:07 PM

can we dynamitically change the resolution of tsclient or krdc

Hi:
thanks for your help ^^

2009/11/23 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>:
> On 11/20/2009 08:42 PM, loody wrote:
>> Dear all:
>> each time before using tsclient and krdc, we will set the resolution first.
>> My question are:
>> 1 Can we dynamically change the resolution after we connect to the
>> remote computer?
>>
>> 2. when I set the resolution as full screen, how can I jump back to my
>> Ubuntu desktop? Can I open tsclient at one workplace as full screen
>> and change to another workplace dynamically?
>>
>> appreciate your help,
>> miloody
>>

> If you figure out a way to do this (dynamically change the resolution) I
> (and others) would be very interested. Just getting tsclient to use
> other resolutions has always been somewhat of a problem - see:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tsclient/+bug/63412
> [Few resolution options]
>
> Note that tsclient is up to version 2.0.1, whereas Ubuntu's version is
> 0.150 see:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=names&keywords=tsclient
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tsclient
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tsclient
>
> Regarding fullscreen...
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tsclient/+bug/152615
> [When in fulllscreen mode, impossible to close/minimize fullscreen and
> so forth. (top bar)]

Is there any terminal server tool like tsclient I can use and it has
the ability to control resolution and full screen?
appreciate your help,
miloody

NoOp 11-22-2009 11:52 PM

On 11/22/2009 04:07 PM, loody wrote:
> Hi:
> thanks for your help ^^
>
> Is there any terminal server tool like tsclient I can use and it has
> the ability to control resolution and full screen?
> appreciate your help,
> miloody

You can try RDP (Remote Desktop Viewer 2.28.1_). It allows you do go
fullscreen and when you move the cursor to the top of the page you are
_supposed_ to be able to use 'scaling' but that doesn't seem to do
anything on mine. You can however click the leftmost icon & that will
take you out of full screen mode so that you use the other windows on
your desktop.

Note: these use VNC which is badly broken with compiz - see:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/353126?comments=all>
if you need good nighttime reading material :-) You can overcome the
problem by using:

$ gconf-editor

Go to: /desktop/gnome/remote_access and click (enable)
'disable_xdamage'. Doesn't help much if the remote is a
friend/relative/customer etc., that will have trouble figuring out how
to do that & it will slow down data transfer between the two machines,
but it does work.

You might also want to look into NoMachine's NX and FreeNX as well.

loody 11-23-2009 07:46 AM

can we dynamitically change the resolution of tsclient or krdc

Hi:

2009/11/23 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>:
> On 11/22/2009 04:07 PM, loody wrote:
>> Hi:
>> thanks for your help ^^
>>
>> Is there any terminal server tool like tsclient I can use and it has
>> the ability to control resolution and full screen?
>> appreciate your help,
>> miloody
>>

> You can try RDP (Remote Desktop Viewer 2.28.1_). It allows you do go
> fullscreen and when you move the cursor to the top of the page you are
> _supposed_ to be able to use 'scaling' but that doesn't seem to do
> anything on mine. You can however click the leftmost icon & that will
> take you out of full screen mode so that you use the other windows on
> your desktop.
>
> Note: these use VNC which is badly broken with compiz - see:
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/353126?comments=all>
> if you need good nighttime reading material :-) You can overcome the
> problem by using:
>
> $ gconf-editor
>
> Go to: /desktop/gnome/remote_access and click (enable)
> 'disable_xdamage'. Doesn't help much if the remote is a
> friend/relative/customer etc., that will have trouble figuring out how
> to do that & it will slow down data transfer between the two machines,
> but it does work.
>
> You might also want to look into NoMachine's NX and FreeNX as well.
thanks a lot ^^
miloody