Old 11-20-2009, 08:52 PM
don fisher

Default touchpad problem on 9.04 to 9.10 upgrade

John Abbott wrote:
> I did entered */synclient TouchPadOff=1/* and the touch pad stopped
> moving the cursor. But when I closed everything and then opened my mail
> client the touch pad was again active. I appears as though launching
> any application enables the touch pad. And now entering that line has
> no effect whatsoever on the condition of the pad. Short of welding a
> plate over it I'm about to give up.
>
> On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 14:03 -0700, don fisher wrote:
>> Sorry, I am an xterm/cmd-line kind of user. There is a command called
>> synclient TouchPadOff=1
>> synclient TouchPadOff=0;synclient MaxSpeed=0.5;synclient AccelFactor=.2
>>
>> Thanks
John,

You may have to put it in the .xinitrc file so that the environment
knows. I am command line oriented (.fvwm2) and it works great there.
Most windows come up in less than a second without a desktop.
| Don Fisher hdf3@comcast.net |
| 865 W. Cresta Loma Dr. VOICE: (520)888-7613 |
| Tucson, AZ. 85704-3705 |

Old 11-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Xandros Pilosa

Dne 20.11.2009 (pet) ob 15:12 -0600 je John Abbott zapisal(a):
> I have the same problem. However when I disable touch pad while
> typing it resets itself. I downloaded touchpad preferences and that
> resets itself.
>
> I am unable to locate the configuration file you indicate.
>
> On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 21:51 +0100, Xandros Pilosa wrote:
> > Dne 20.11.2009 (pet) ob 13:38 -0700 je don fisher zapisal(a):
<snip>

> > or in gconf-editor look for the key:
> > /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/touchpad_enabled

You have been unable to locate above key, if you are in Karmic, aren't
you?
Sorry for misleading you, as this key no longer exist in Karmic and I
should check it first.
If putting synclient TouchPadOff=1 in in the .xinitrc file, as suggested
by don fisher,
(by the way Don, I'm sorry that I presumed you are using Gnome,..eh, I
have to regret a lot of things these days)
did not work for you, you can try some suggestion from
"Touch Pad refuses to disable" thread. (subject is more appropriate, I
think).

Regards