-   -   Shutdown doesn't poweroff my Lenovo SL500 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/283556-shutdown-doesnt-poweroff-my-lenovo-sl500.html)

Philip Martin 11-20-2009 08:04 AM

Shutdown doesn't poweroff my Lenovo SL500

I have installed 9.10 (64bit) on a new Lenovo Thinkpad SL500. When I
shut it down most of the services get stopped but it doesn't poweroff.
It does poweroff if I run

$ sudo halt -f -p

or

$ sudo /etc/rc0.d/S90halt start

so the software/hardware is capable of doing it. As the above
commands don't run all the shutdown scripts it's a rather brutal way
of doing it.

It seems to me that the shutdown process isn't running all the
shutdown scripts but I don't know how to identify whats holding it up.
Any idea how I can debug this?

A few more details in:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sysvinit/+bug/483007

--