Old 11-17-2009, 11:03 PM
"devan"

Default upgrading from 9.04 to 9.10 and error signs

Dear Ubuntu users,

*

*

* I am trying to upgrade from Ubuntu 9.04 to Ubuntu 9.10.* I
went to the Update Manager and clicked Upgrade.* So far, everything was fine.*
Then my computer restarted and it kept flashing on the screen *ERROR* Failed to restore crtc
configuration.* Does someone have a solution to this problem?

*

*

Old 11-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Colin Law

2009/11/18 devan <devan@ranadutta.com>:
> Dear Ubuntu users,
>

> * I am trying to upgrade from Ubuntu 9.04 to Ubuntu 9.10.* I went to the
> Update Manager and clicked Upgrade.* So far, everything was fine.* Then my
> computer restarted and it kept flashing on the screen *ERROR* Failed to
> restore crtc configuration.* Does someone have a solution to this problem?

Did you try http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ubuntu+error+failed+to+restore+crtc+confi guration&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enGB320GB320
It may not help but is worth trying first.

Colin