Old 11-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Tab Gilbert

Default could't add trash icon on the desktop

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 19:46, born <linuxbqj@gmail.com> wrote:

yes,you are right.
I do this,and the trash icon does't appear on the desktop.

Since the three finger salute is not enabled by default did you restart your machine?

tab

Old 11-19-2009, 02:55 AM
born

I reboot my notebook.
the trash icon is't appear on the desktop.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:05 AM
arshad

guys, did you do what i posted earlier?

go to terminal and type:

gconf-editor

and go to

apps>nautilus>desktop

and tick 'trash_icon_visible'

Old 11-19-2009, 03:10 AM
born

yes,I do it first,and it does't change anything.
so I send the problem to the mailling list.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Tab Gilbert

I reboot my notebook.
the trash icon is't appear on the desktop.

Well, I am out of suggestions.* I also did the same thing you did and the trash can did not appear on my desktop either.* Just did not want to kill the windowing system at the moment so I threw out the restart suggestion.* Guess I was wrong.* I always right click on items for the Move To Trash so I do not even have the trash can icon on my desktop at all.** Might want to check the Ubuntu Forums.* They often have some very helpful insight to problems.

tab

Old 11-19-2009, 03:26 AM
born

thank you for your help.
I think there is other medthod to make the trash icon oppear on the desktop.
thanks any way.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Tab Gilbert