Old 11-18-2009, 08:19 PM
mierdatutis mi

Default problems mounting file system at boot

Hi,
Sometimes when I boot the filesystem "COMPLETADAS" doesnt mount it. In dolphin doesn't shows me and in a terminal I get:

Code:
ls -ltr

d????????? ? ?**** ?******** ?*************** ? COMPLETADAS

david@david:~/COMPLETADAS$ ls -tlr
ls: leyendo el directorio .: Error de entrada/salida
total 0
david@david:~/COMPLETADAS$

I have in the fstab

Code:
/dev/sdb5***** /home/david/DESCARGAS* ntfs-3g

/dev/sdc1***** /home/david/COMPLETADAS ntfs-3g
/dev/sda3***** /home/david/auxiliar* ext3** defaults,user,auto 0 0

With Jaunty I dont have any problem, could you help me please?
Many thanks and sorry for my english!

Old 11-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Derek Broughton

mierdatutis mi wrote:

> Hi,
> Sometimes when I boot the filesystem "COMPLETADAS" doesnt mount it. In
> dolphin doesn't shows me and in a terminal I get:

> I have in the fstab
>
> Code:
> /dev/sdb5 /home/david/DESCARGAS ntfs-3g
> /dev/sdc1 /home/david/COMPLETADAS ntfs-3g
> /dev/sda3 /home/david/auxiliar ext3 defaults,user,auto 0 0
>

> With Jaunty I dont have any problem, could you help me please?

1) Do you never have this problem with DESCARGAS?
2) If you do "sudo mount -a" does it always mount, or do you still have a
problem?
3) What sort of devices are they? Are they internal or external?

My wild guess would be that you have shut down your system without umounting
COMPLETADAS (marking the ntfs filesystem as dirty, and requiring it to run
either scandisk or fsck before it can be mounted).
--
derek