-   -   display not working on Dell mini (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/282689-display-not-working-dell-mini.html)

"kukulcan (Quetzalcoatl P. H.)" 11-18-2009 07:49 PM

display not working on Dell mini

i havent been able to make the display of my mini work properly, im adding the exit from lshw:

*** product: Inspiron 1010
*** vendor: Dell Inc.

******* *-display UNCLAIMED
************ product: System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) Graphics Controller
************ vendor: Intel Corporation
************ physical id: 2
************ bus info:
pci@0000:00:02.0
************ version: 07
************ width: 32 bits
************ clock: 33MHz
************ capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list
************ configuration: latency=0

i have tried installing some file from the repositories:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

with a :

sudo apt-get install poulsbo-driver-2d poulsbo-driver-3d psb-firmware psb-kernel-sources

and it looks as if it were working properly, but then it just FRIZZES!!! and i'm not able to do anything, i have tried modyfing some
stuff at my /etc/X11/xorg.config but nothing have solved the freezing problem, i also tried with a karma koala cd but it doesnt recognice the screen so it's the same as in Jaunty.

have anybody been able to make it work?, what im missing?...

thnkx in advance.