-   -   Reducing size of text in Firefox sidebar - possible? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/282491-reducing-size-text-firefox-sidebar-possible.html)

Chris G 11-18-2009 02:40 PM

Reducing size of text in Firefox sidebar - possible?

Is it possible to reduce the size of text in Firefox's sidebar
(version 3.5.5) without reducing the size of text elsewhere? I want
to use the Bookmarks in the Sidebar feature but find the text rather
too large.

--
Chris Green

James Michael Fultz 11-18-2009 03:30 PM

Reducing size of text in Firefox sidebar - possible?

* Chris G <cl@isbd.net> [2009-11-18 15:40 +0000]:
> Is it possible to reduce the size of text in Firefox's sidebar
> (version 3.5.5) without reducing the size of text elsewhere? I want
> to use the Bookmarks in the Sidebar feature but find the text rather
> too large.

My guess is something in 'userChrome.css'. Seems to be some clues in
the linked discussion.

<http://firefox.exxile.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6572&sid=05f02231808f53afcb0c81507 e40a7ac>

Chris G 11-18-2009 04:16 PM

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:30:26AM -0500, James Michael Fultz wrote:
> * Chris G <cl@isbd.net> [2009-11-18 15:40 +0000]:
> > Is it possible to reduce the size of text in Firefox's sidebar
> > (version 3.5.5) without reducing the size of text elsewhere? I want
> > to use the Bookmarks in the Sidebar feature but find the text rather
> > too large.
>
> My guess is something in 'userChrome.css'. Seems to be some clues in
> the linked discussion.
>
> <http://firefox.exxile.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6572&sid=05f02231808f53afcb0c81507 e40a7ac>

Yes, that was it thanks, I'd found some other links which had the
wrong names for the items to change in userChrome.css, the above link
has the *correct* names for the CSS items. Thank you.

--
Chris Green