Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Chris G

Default Can't set the printer I want as default printer (CUPS)

I have two printers on my SoHo network, an HP7310 which is directly on
the ethernet network and an HP1320 which is shared by one of the
computers on the network.

I want to set the HP1320 Laserjet as the default printer but when I
select "set as Default" for this printer in CUPS I get an error
message saying "Unknown operation "set-as-default"!". I can set the
HP7310 as default but that's not what I want.

So what's wrong? I can print on the HP1320 OK, just can't set it as
default.

--
Chris Green

Old 11-18-2009, 03:00 AM
Brian McKee

I want to set the HP1320 Laserjet as the default printer but when I
select "set as Default" for this printer in CUPS I get an error
message saying "Unknown operation "set-as-default"!". *I can set the
HP7310 as default but that's not what I want.

Haven't seen that error before.
You might try this - open a terminal
Type 'lpstat -p' to get a list of installed printers. Mainly just to make sure we type the name correctly. Now type 'lpadmin -d PrinterName' and see if that works.

Brian

--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false