Old 11-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Diogo Branco

Default Ubuntu sometimes stops responding

Hi all, i have Ubuntu version 9.04 64 bits, sometimes when i am
browsing the web with firefox 3.0 or shiretoko 3.5, the ubuntu machine
stops responding i have to press reset button of the computer to
restart the machine, i cannot find anything in the logs, my board is
an asus p5b-e i dont know if is there any issues with this board and
ubuntu i hoppe not.

Regards, Diogo.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Michael

Diogo Branco wrote:
> Hi all, i have Ubuntu version 9.04 64 bits, sometimes when i am
> browsing the web with firefox 3.0 or shiretoko 3.5, the ubuntu machine
> stops responding i have to press reset button of the computer to
> restart the machine, i cannot find anything in the logs, my board is
> an asus p5b-e i dont know if is there any issues with this board and
> ubuntu i hoppe not.
>
> Regards, Diogo.

People having problems with Ubuntu locking up should reset their desktop
visual effects to none. Worked for me, two days now without a freeze.
A new record.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Diogo Branco

But is there a problem with ubuntu effects?

Old 11-17-2009, 08:11 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Diogo Branco wrote:
> But is there a problem with ubuntu effects?
>
> 2009/11/17 Michael <michaelg@seadreamer.net>:
>>
>> Diogo Branco wrote:
>>> Hi all, i have Ubuntu version 9.04 64 bits, sometimes when i am
>>> browsing the web with firefox 3.0 or shiretoko 3.5, the ubuntu machine
>>> stops responding i have to press reset button of the computer to
>>> restart the machine, i cannot find anything in the logs, my board is
>>> an asus p5b-e i dont know if is there any issues with this board and
>>> ubuntu i hoppe not.
>>>
>>> Regards, Diogo.
>>>

>> People having problems with Ubuntu locking up should reset their desktop
>> visual effects to none. Worked for me, two days now without a freeze.
>> A new record.
>>

>> --

Why not turn off your desktop visual effects and see if it
works for you too. There might be a bug come from several
having the same problem and fix.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 11-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Diogo Branco

Ok, have done that, now lets whait and see .

Old 11-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Diogo Branco

Guys reseting desktop visual effects to none doest solve my problem my
computer has frozen again.
How can i debug this?

This is my xorg.0.log http://pastebin.com/m59fc7b5 maybe with this
someone can help.