Old 11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Keith Clark

Default Brother MFC-240c installation

I have just upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 and cannot get my Brother
MFC-240c scanner to work. It worked just fine under 9.04 using the
instructions on the Brother site:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/instruction_scn1a.html

Which I followed all over again for 9.10 but xsane does not find it.

Keith

Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Keith Clark

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 09:19 -0500, Keith Clark wrote:
> I have just upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 and cannot get my Brother
> MFC-240c scanner to work. It worked just fine under 9.04 using the
> instructions on the Brother site:
>
> http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/instruction_scn1a.html
>
> Which I followed all over again for 9.10 but xsane does not find it.
>
> Keith

Update:

I can run brscan-skey and the scanner will scan and then open GIMP when
I press the appropriate keys on the scanner.

xsane will just note recognize it though.

Keith

Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Leonard Chatagnier