Old 11-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Detlef Lechner

Default Brasero Disc Burner not writing .mp3 files

Jatin Davey wrote:
> Also i would like to know as to which types of files will brasero show
> up errors like the one i just mentioned above.

Launchpad > Bugs > brasero will anwer this question.

Regards,
Detlef

Old 11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Jatin Davey

Detlef Lechner wrote:
> Jatin Davey wrote:
>
>> Also i would like to know as to which types of files will brasero show
>> up errors like the one i just mentioned above.
>>

> Launchpad > Bugs > brasero will anwer this question.
>
> Regards,
> Detlef

Looks like there is a bug filed for the same issue. Bug ID : 117032

Thanks
Jatin

Old 11-17-2009, 08:58 PM
NoOp

On 11/17/2009 09:02 AM, Jatin Davey wrote:
> Detlef Lechner wrote:
>> Jatin Davey wrote:
>>
>>> Also i would like to know as to which types of files will brasero show
>>> up errors like the one i just mentioned above.
>>>

>> Launchpad > Bugs > brasero will anwer this question.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Detlef
>>

> Looks like there is a bug filed for the same issue. Bug ID : 117032
>
> Thanks
> Jatin

No. That's a Banshee bug. Brasero bugs are here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero
with advanced search (to also show fixed bugs):
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bugs?field.searchtext=mp3&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=INVALID&field.status%3Alist=WONTFIX&fi eld.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TR IAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status% 3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=FIXRELEASE D&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_re porter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter= &field.subscriber=&field.status_upstream-empty-marker=1&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=o n&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_cve.used=&field. tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY>

Have a look through those to see which one more closely matches your issue.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:52 PM
NoOp

On 11/17/2009 01:58 PM, NoOp wrote:

> No. That's a Banshee bug. Brasero bugs are here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero
> with advanced search (to also show fixed bugs):
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bugs?field.searchtext=mp3&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=INVALID&field.status%3Alist=WONTFIX&fi eld.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TR IAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status% 3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=FIXRELEASE D&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_re porter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter= &field.subscriber=&field.status_upstream-empty-marker=1&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=o n&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_cve.used=&field. tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY>
>
> Have a look through those to see which one more closely matches your issue.

Sorry, forgot to add that most folks (myself included & I don't use kde)
prefer k3b instead:

$ sudo apt-get install k3b libk3b6-extracodecs

Note: substitute with libk3b3-extracodecs if you are running jaunty -
the above is for karmic. That lib is necessary to burn mp3's.

It will pull in a lot of kde dependencies:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/k3b
but I think it is worth the extra disc space & considerably better than
Brasero.

Bug reports are here:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/k3b
Info + FAQ is here:
http://k3b.plainblack.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K3b
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/K3b

Old 11-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Jatin Davey

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/17/2009 09:02 AM, Jatin Davey wrote:
>
>> Detlef Lechner wrote:

>>> Launchpad > Bugs > brasero will anwer this question.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Detlef
>>>

>> Looks like there is a bug filed for the same issue. Bug ID : 117032
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jatin
>>

> No. That's a Banshee bug. Brasero bugs are here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero
> with advanced search (to also show fixed bugs):
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bugs?field.searchtext=mp3&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=INVALID&field.status%3Alist=WONTFIX&fi eld.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TR IAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status% 3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=FIXRELEASE D&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_re porter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter= &field.subscriber=&field.status_upstream-empty-marker=1&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=o n&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_cve.used=&field. tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY>
>
> Have a look through those to see which one more closely matches your issue.

None matches the issue that i am facing , all related to crash issues on
brasero but i am just not able to add .mp3 files for an audio project.
Hence i have one question , Does Brasero allows addition of .mp3 files
for an audio project ? if yes then this could be a bug on it. If not
then it is probably not a bug on brasero. One more thing is that the
audio project states that it allows creation of traditional CD's so that
made me think whether it would allow addition of .mp3 files. Please clarify.

Thanks
Jatin

Old 11-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Jatin Davey

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/17/2009 01:58 PM, NoOp wrote:
>
>> No. That's a Banshee bug. Brasero bugs are here:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero
>> with advanced search (to also show fixed bugs):
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bugs?field.searchtext=mp3&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=INVALID&field.status%3Alist=WONTFIX&fi eld.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TR IAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status% 3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=FIXRELEASE D&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_re porter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter= &field.subscriber=&field.status_upstream-empty-marker=1&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=o n&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_cve.used=&field. tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY>
>>
>> Have a look through those to see which one more closely matches your issue.
>>

> Sorry, forgot to add that most folks (myself included & I don't use kde)
> prefer k3b instead:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install k3b libk3b6-extracodecs
>
> Note: substitute with libk3b3-extracodecs if you are running jaunty -
> the above is for karmic. That lib is necessary to burn mp3's.
>
> It will pull in a lot of kde dependencies:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/k3b
> but I think it is worth the extra disc space & considerably better than
> Brasero.
>
> Bug reports are here:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/k3b
> Info + FAQ is here:
> http://k3b.plainblack.com/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K3b
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/K3b

Thanks Noop , I would also try out K3b and see how it is better than
brasero.

Thanks
Jatin

Old 11-18-2009, 01:05 AM
NoOp

On 11/17/2009 05:24 PM, Jatin Davey wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

>>> Looks like there is a bug filed for the same issue. Bug ID : 117032
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Jatin
>>>

>> No. That's a Banshee bug. Brasero bugs are here:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero
>> with advanced search (to also show fixed bugs):
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bugs?field.searchtext=mp3&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=INVALID&field.status%3Alist=WONTFIX&fi eld.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TR IAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status% 3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=FIXRELEASE D&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_re porter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter= &field.subscriber=&field.status_upstream-empty-marker=1&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=o n&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_cve.used=&field. tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY>
>>
>> Have a look through those to see which one more closely matches your issue.
> None matches the issue that i am facing , all related to crash issues on
> brasero but i am just not able to add .mp3 files for an audio project.

I suspect that one will, but it does take a bit of searching...

> Hence i have one question , Does Brasero allows addition of .mp3 files
> for an audio project ? if yes then this could be a bug on it.

Yes. But I think you'll need to add/install gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3 to
get it to work:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3
see the "suggests": gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3
Note: I've not tried it on karmic, as my only CD-RW/DVD-RW device is on
a jaunty machine.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:32 AM
Jatin Davey

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/17/2009 01:58 PM, NoOp wrote:
>
>> No. That's a Banshee bug. Brasero bugs are here:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero
>> with advanced search (to also show fixed bugs):
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bugs?field.searchtext=mp3&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=INVALID&field.status%3Alist=WONTFIX&fi eld.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TR IAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status% 3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=FIXRELEASE D&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_re porter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter= &field.subscriber=&field.status_upstream-empty-marker=1&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=o n&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_cve.used=&field. tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY>
>>
>> Have a look through those to see which one more closely matches your issue.
>>

> Sorry, forgot to add that most folks (myself included & I don't use kde)
> prefer k3b instead:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install k3b libk3b6-extracodecs
>
> Note: substitute with libk3b3-extracodecs if you are running jaunty -
> the above is for karmic. That lib is necessary to burn mp3's.
>
> It will pull in a lot of kde dependencies:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/k3b
> but I think it is worth the extra disc space & considerably better than
> Brasero.
>
> Bug reports are here:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/k3b
> Info + FAQ is here:
> http://k3b.plainblack.com/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K3b
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/K3b

Hi

I installed K3b and was able to add .mp3 files into the audio project.
K3b does look awesome in its look and feel. I hope the functionality is
also awesome. Was just wondering if i am going to use K3b as my default
CD / DVD burning tool then why need brasero. Can i uninstall it ?

Thanks
Jatin

Old 11-19-2009, 04:46 PM
NoOp

On 11/17/2009 09:32 PM, Jatin Davey wrote:

> I installed K3b and was able to add .mp3 files into the audio project.
> K3b does look awesome in its look and feel. I hope the functionality is
> also awesome. Was just wondering if i am going to use K3b as my default
> CD / DVD burning tool then why need brasero. Can i uninstall it ?
>
> Thanks
> Jatin

I reckon so if you really need the extra 11Mb of disk space.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Jatin Davey

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/17/2009 09:32 PM, Jatin Davey wrote:
>
>> I installed K3b and was able to add .mp3 files into the audio project.
>> K3b does look awesome in its look and feel. I hope the functionality is
>> also awesome. Was just wondering if i am going to use K3b as my default
>> CD / DVD burning tool then why need brasero. Can i uninstall it ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jatin
>>

> I reckon so if you really need the extra 11Mb of disk space.

if its just 11Mb then i am fine leaving it as it is.

Thanks
Jatin