Old 11-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Rakotomandimby Mihamina

Default little survey on email habits

Hi all,

I would like to follow up the thread hijacking discussion.
Who in here is using the threaded view?
Just like this:
http://demo.ovh.com/en/4df568a2fff3fd766ba04030cec7ad76/

I can assume those top posting and thread hijacker guys are _not_ using their MUA
that way, they have a flat view of what happens...

Am I wrong?

+261 33 11 207 36

Old 11-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Mark Traceur

> I would like to follow up the thread hijacking discussion.
> Who in here is using the threaded view?
> Just like this:
> http://demo.ovh.com/en/4df568a2fff3fd766ba04030cec7ad76/

I'm just using the Gmail web interface, but I've learned from my
mistakes (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/278111-automounting-usb-hard-drive.html)
and I try pretty hard to follow the etiquette now.

--

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?

Linux Contractor Fired for Using Firefox/Linux -
http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/a4zty/linux_contractor_fired_for_using_firefoxlinux/

Old 11-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Dotan Cohen

> I would like to follow up the thread hijacking discussion.
> Who in here is using the threaded view?
> Just like this:
> http://demo.ovh.com/en/4df568a2fff3fd766ba04030cec7ad76/
>
> I can assume those top posting and thread hijacker guys are _not_ using their MUA
> that way, they have a flat view of what happens...

I use threading. I could not handle tens of mailing lists, personal,
work, and studies without it.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 11-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Steve Lamb

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> I would like to follow up the thread hijacking discussion.
> Who in here is using the threaded view?
> Just like this:
> http://demo.ovh.com/en/4df568a2fff3fd766ba04030cec7ad76/

I use threaded. Moreso, I cannot understand why TBird neither sets that
as the default nor makes it simple to make it the default. If i had my
druthers I would have slrn style scoring for mailing lists, too.

--
Steve C. Lamb | But who decides what they dream?
PGP Key: 8B6E99C5 | And dream I do...

Old 11-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Chan Chung Hang Christopher

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> I would like to follow up the thread hijacking discussion.
>> Who in here is using the threaded view?
>> Just like this:
>> http://demo.ovh.com/en/4df568a2fff3fd766ba04030cec7ad76/
>>
>> I can assume those top posting and thread hijacker guys are _not_ using their MUA
>> that way, they have a flat view of what happens...
>>

> I use threading. I could not handle tens of mailing lists, personal,
> work, and studies without it.

+1

Old 11-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Chris G

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 01:28:29PM +0300, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to follow up the thread hijacking discussion.
> Who in here is using the threaded view?
> Just like this:
> http://demo.ovh.com/en/4df568a2fff3fd766ba04030cec7ad76/
>
> I can assume those top posting and thread hijacker guys are _not_ using their MUA
> that way, they have a flat view of what happens...

I use threading but not like that picture above, what a mess! :-)

I use mutt with, in addition, a filter system that directs messages
for each mailing list into its own mailbox.

--
Chris Green

Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Detlef Lechner

Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>>> I would like to follow up the thread hijacking discussion.
>>> Who in here is using the threaded view?
>>> Just like this:
>>> http://demo.ovh.com/en/4df568a2fff3fd766ba04030cec7ad76/
>>>
>>> I can assume those top posting and thread hijacker guys are _not_ using their MUA
>>> that way, they have a flat view of what happens...
>>>

>> I use threading. I could not handle tens of mailing lists, personal,
>> work, and studies without it.
>>

> +1

+1

Old 11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Kenneth Loafman

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to follow up the thread hijacking discussion.
> Who in here is using the threaded view?
> Just like this:
> http://demo.ovh.com/en/4df568a2fff3fd766ba04030cec7ad76/
>
> I can assume those top posting and thread hijacker guys are _not_ using their MUA
> that way, they have a flat view of what happens...
>
> Am I wrong?

Threading here, always. Hijacked threads are a problem because they get
lost in the process and don't show up in the subject view when threads
are folded.

...Ken

Old 11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Ray Leventhal

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> I would like to follow up the thread hijacking discussion.

<snip>

> I use threading. I could not handle tens of mailing lists, personal,
> work, and studies without it.

+1 for threading for the reasons stated by Dotan

Old 11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
James Michael Fultz

* Chris G <cl@isbd.net> [2009-11-17 13:49 +0000]:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 01:28:29PM +0300, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to follow up the thread hijacking discussion.
> > Who in here is using the threaded view?
> > Just like this:
> > http://demo.ovh.com/en/4df568a2fff3fd766ba04030cec7ad76/
> >
> > I can assume those top posting and thread hijacker guys are _not_
> > using their MUA
> > that way, they have a flat view of what happens...
> >
> I use threading but not like that picture above, what a mess! :-)
>
> I use mutt with, in addition, a filter system that directs messages
> for each mailing list into its own mailbox.

Mutt here also, sorting messages by thead. Mailing lists sorted into
separate folders using procmail.