Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 AM
Zaki Akhmad

Default Flash Player on Karmic

Hello,

I have succesfully installed Karmic but when I opened Youtube the site said:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of
Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

What should I do?

--
Zaki Akhmad

Old 11-17-2009, 06:13 AM
Tab Gilbert

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 23:19, Zaki Akhmad <zakiakhmad@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have succesfully installed Karmic but when I opened Youtube the site said:

Hello, you either have _javascript_ turned off or an old version of

Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

What should I do?

Look for the Ubuntu Software Center under Applications.* Install what you need.*

tab

Old 11-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Nils Kassube

Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> I have succesfully installed Karmic but when I opened Youtube the
> site said:
>
> Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of
> Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Turn javascript on and get the latest flash player?

More seriously: Install the package flashplugin-installer, but before
you do, check the licence of the flash player because the description of
the package has this warning:

| WARNING: Installing this Ubuntu package causes the Adobe flash plugin
| to be downloaded from www.adobe.com. The distribution license of the
| Adobe flash plugin is available at www.adobe.com. Installing this
| Ubuntu package implies that you have accepted the terms of that
| license.

Nils

Old 11-17-2009, 07:04 AM
arshad

hi,

you have add/remove progs in karmic?

go there or to software center and look for 'flash' and install it.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:46 AM
"Raphael"

Hi!
Firstly, go to System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager
Then, press the reload button and wait for the packages to load.
Next, search for the word "flash" Find the package called
"flashplugin-nonfree" something like that. Right click, select mark for
installation. Then, confirm all the stuff that comes out(lol) then click
apply and confirm the shit again (lol). Yup, wait for a while and restart
firefox

Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com

Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 AM
born