Old 11-16-2009, 08:01 PM
thomas

Default 9.04 version for church audio recording

I am going to try to set up another computer to be used in my
Buddhist Church to record the messages and etc..

The computer is an Intel based computer of maybe 5 - 7 years
old that I donated. It has ample hard drive space and it was
built with top level components when I purchased it .

I am going to install the Ubuntu 9.04 that I got from a disk of
the Linux Starter Kit special magazine.

I need to get software to record the messages and maybe a
program to edit and convert them to MP3, WAV and whatever
other formats that website visitors need.

Any ideas on where to go to look for such information?

Does anyone have ideas on what would work best?

I think that this version should not be upgraded for a long time
and if it works we will not want to risk changing anything.

Thanks

Thomas

Old 11-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Steve

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:01:10 -0000, thomas <valhalla2100@comcast.net>
wrote:

> I am going to try to set up another computer to be used in my
> Buddhist Church to record the messages and etc..
>
> The computer is an Intel based computer of maybe 5 - 7 years
> old that I donated. It has ample hard drive space and it was
> built with top level components when I purchased it .
>
> I am going to install the Ubuntu 9.04 that I got from a disk of
> the Linux Starter Kit special magazine.
>
> I need to get software to record the messages and maybe a
> program to edit and convert them to MP3, WAV and whatever
> other formats that website visitors need.
>
> Any ideas on where to go to look for such information?
>
> Does anyone have ideas on what would work best?
>
> I think that this version should not be upgraded for a long time
> and if it works we will not want to risk changing anything.
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas

You appear to be asking a lot of questions and attaching them to other
peoples threads. May I suggest you start a new thread for each question.
It makes it easier to follow as you’ll end up with answers all over the
place.
Start a new thread by writing to ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
--
Steve