Old 11-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Joseph

Default iTunes

Is there a program that runs on Ubuntu 9.1 that is comparable with iTunes?

--

Joseph Snurr
Cotter, AR.

"Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas
Our May 2009 trip to the Memphis Zoo: http://e-pops.org/memphiszoo/

Old 11-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Jack Wallen

> Is there a program that runs on Ubuntu 9.1 that is comparable with
> iTunes?

Songbird <http://www.getsongbird.com>

Just don't expect it to work with an iTouch or iPhone.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Chris Jones

Joseph wrote:

> Is there a program that runs on Ubuntu 9.1 that is comparable with iTunes?

Depends on what you mean by comparable ? You need to say what features
are important to you, as as far as I am aware there isn't anything that
does *everything* iTunes does, but there are a lot of great applications
that do a lot of what iTunes does (and some things it doesn't)

Do RhythmBox or amarok fit the bill for instance ?

Chris

Old 11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Matt Brown

Jack Wallen wrote:
>> Is there a program that runs on Ubuntu 9.1 that is comparable with
>> iTunes?
>>

> Songbird <http://www.getsongbird.com>
>
> Just don't expect it to work with an iTouch or iPhone.
>

>> --
>>
>> Joseph Snurr
>> Cotter, AR.
>>
>> "Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas
>> Our May 2009 trip to the Memphis Zoo: http://e-pops.org/memphiszoo/
>>

>> --

Try Banshee it works fairly well and can see you ipod there are other
tools to manage the ipod like Hipo that work to transfer music.

-Matt

Old 11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Joseph

Jack wrote:

Songbird <http://www.getsongbird.com>

Just don't expect it to work with an iTouch or iPhone.

I'm really looking for the radio listening channels. I enjoy listening
to Gospelgrass while working.

I'll check out these programs and see what they do.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Dick Dowdell

Jack wrote:

Songbird <http://www.getsongbird.com>

Just don't expect it to work with an iTouch or iPhone.

I'm really looking for the radio listening channels. *I enjoy listening

to Gospelgrass while working.

I'll check out these programs and see what they do.

--

Joseph Snurr

Cotter, AR.

"Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas

Our May 2009 trip to the Memphis Zoo: * *http://e-pops.org/memphiszoo/

You can listen to many music radio stations with Firefox.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Timothy-Allen Albertson

My sister just installed i-tunes on 9.10 using WINE.
Timothy-Allen Albertson
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home
Member, The Church of Jesus Christ of

* * * * * * *Latter-day Saints
Registered Linux User *No. 482284 [http://counter.li.org/]
Registered Ubuntu User No. 25839
[http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net/]

Amateur Radio Station KG6IRH/0
Technician Class License
Since 06 November 2001
Member, American Radio Relay League (ARRL)
Member, Mercury Amateur Radio Association-
* * * * * * *MidWest (MARA-MW)
Member, Fremont Amateur Radio Transmitter

* * * * * * *Society (FARTS) (Club Station WI6QW)
Member, SouthWest Iowa Amateur Radio Club
* * * * * * *(SWIARC) (Repeater K0SWI)
Echolink Node No. 48255
Latitude: 41.254887 (41 15' 17' N)

Longitude: -95.852753 (95 51' 9' W)
Grid Square: EN21bg
12 *...In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children... *Book of Mormon--Alma 46:12

Old 11-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Mohamad Faizul

i prefer audacious to play my songs

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:07 AM, Timothy-Allen Albertson <timothyallen.albertson@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

73 DE 9W2PJU

http://piju.fakap.net
http://9w2pju.blogspot.com
http://launchpad.net/~mypiju

Old 11-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Steve Flynn

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Joseph <ubuntu@e-pops.org> wrote:
> Chris Jones wrote:
>> Joseph wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a program that runs on Ubuntu 9.1 that is comparable with iTunes?

> I'm really looking for the radio listening channels. *I enjoy listening
> to Gospelgrass while working.

In that case, what you really want to know is "Anyone recommend
software that plays shoutcast"

VLC, will be fine. It'll also play DVD, CD, .mkv, .avi and a multitude
of other formats of audio and video formats to boot.

Sorry to hear about the affliction of the gospel music though. I hope
you get better soon.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 11-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Joseph

Dick Dowdell wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Joseph <ubuntu@e-pops.org
> <mailto:ubuntu@e-pops.org>> wrote:
>
> Chris Jones wrote:
> > Joseph wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a program that runs on Ubuntu 9.1 that is comparable
> with iTunes?
> >>
> > Chris wrote:
> > Depends on what you mean by comparable ? You need to say what
> features
> > are important to you, as as far as I am aware there isn't
> anything that
> > does *everything* iTunes does, but there are a lot of great
> applications
> > that do a lot of what iTunes does (and some things it doesn't)
> >
> Jack wrote:
>
> Songbird <http://www.getsongbird.com>
>
> Just don't expect it to work with an iTouch or iPhone.
>

> I'm really looking for the radio listening channels. I enjoy
> listening
> to Gospelgrass while working.
>
> I'll check out these programs and see what they do.
>

> --
>
> Joseph Snurr
> Cotter, AR.
>
> "Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas
> Our May 2009 trip to the Memphis Zoo: http://e-pops.org/memphiszoo/

> You can listen to many music radio stations with Firefox.

iTunes had one that was called Gospelgrass, which is bluegrass style
Gospel. But out of what I've been told about, I found Amarok is about
the best for me... so far. I'm presently listening to Bluegrass on
last.fm which plays both secular and Gospel Bluegrass.

Hopefully, I can find something that will separate the two types.

Thanks...