Old 11-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Patrick Heffernan

Default changing gpg key's password

Eugeneapolinary Ju typed the following on 15/11/09 08:49:
> Can I change my password to my GPG key, if I don't know the password?
>
> e.g.: "reseting" it, or any solution?

Basically, if you forget the password, you're out of luck. That key is
useless. The only thing you can try is to try all the passwords that you
might think it is. If you have a revocation certificate for that key,
you should revoke that key.

--
Patrick Heffernan

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!

Old 11-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Markus Schönhaber

Eugeneapolinary Ju:

> Can I change my password to my GPG key, if I don't know the password?

No.

--
Regards
mks