Old 11-14-2009, 09:05 PM
"Anthony M. Rasat"

Default Karmic hardware compatibility

I upgraded this Cloudbook 1200 (a sorry-a$$ slow and cheap netbook) last night from Jaunty to Karmic. I hope that you guys with rants against Karmic can learn a lesson or two. Here is my result so far:

Hardware:
1. CPU : VIA C7-M 1200MHz (1199.91 BogoMIPS)
2. RAM : 1 GB
3. HDD : 60 GB ATA-33 5200 rpm
(Really slow, ext4 filesystem did better job compare to ext3 here)

Driver compatibility:
1. VGA : VIA UniChrome II - works out-of-the-box
2. Sound : VIA 1708A (Azelia/Intel HDA) - works out-of-the-box
3. WiFi : Realtek 8187 - works out-of-the-box
4. Ethernet : Realtek 8139 - works out-of-the-box
5. Touchpad : Synaptics - works out-of-the-box
6. Bluetooth : Cambridge Silicon - works out-of-the-box
7. Webcam : Acer USB 2.0 - works out-of-the-box
8. USB : 2 slot - works out-of-the-box
9. Card reader : Realtek - works out-of-the-box
10. External VGA : DVI connector - works out-of-the-box

OS functions compatibility:
1. Booting : works flawlessly
2. Shutdown : works flawlessly
3. Restart : works flawlessly
4. Suspend : works flawlessly
5. Hibernate : NOT WORKING
6. Fn button : works flawlessly
7. Wifi soft button : NOT WORKING

Software function compatibility:
1. Bluetooth :
1.A. A2DP : works flawlessly *)
1.B. HSP/HFP: works flawlessly **)
2. External VGA : works flawlessly

*) Tested with a stereo bluetooth headphone.
**) Tested with a bluetooth phone headset.

I think I haven't test it all, I'll update it soon.

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Selatan 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465