Old 11-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Melbourne Barton

Default Upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 and all applications froze

Hi:

I upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 using the upgrade
manager.

Now, once I login and click on any application, Synaptic
Package manager,

I can see the popup password screen dimly lit but the mouse
freezes.

I can only use some applications if I login in
“gnome safe”
mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mel

Old 11-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Melbourne Barton

Melbourne Barton wrote:

Hi:

I upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 using the upgrade
manager.

Now, once I login and click on any application, Synaptic
Package manager,

I can see the popup password screen dimly lit but the mouse
freezes.

I can only use some applications if I login in
“gnome safe”
mode.

To be more specific, I can only use some applications if I login in
"Failsafe GNOME” session.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mel