Old 11-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Mark Traceur

Default Howto setup dual Ubuntu - LinuxMint system

> I would like to change this in the following way:
> - have on the MBR /dev/sda a menu with the selection of Ubuntu or LinuxMint (so just 2 entries)
> - selecting either one directs to the corresponding bootloader on the root device for the partition (sda6 for Ubuntu and sda5 for LinuxMint)
> How can you do this with the grub2 which is compeltely new for me (I had a similar setup with grub previously)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8191211#post8191211

I don't know how the second one will pan out, but the first one, at
least, can be accomplished through that tutorial.

Your third specification, however, is probably a little less simple.
You might be able to specify which config folder one of the distros
will use? I don't know, but if you have one /home partition, it will
transfer *all* of your configurations. Let that be a lesson to you.

--MarkTraceur

--

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?

Different backgrounds for my 4 virtual desktop spaces? -
http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/a43nf/different_backgrounds_for_my_4_virtual_desktop/