Old 11-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Doug Robinson

Default No Sound after installing Ubuntu 9.10 (Toshiba Satellite A135-S2386)

Jatin Davey wrote:
> Doug Robinson wrote:
>
> snip
> I Tried the steps mentioned for karmic users but none of it worked. In
> one of the steps where it is mentioned that the devices need to be
> selected from pulseAudioApplet , I could not see any of the input or
> output devices.
> No input or output devices are listed when the command to install the
> pulse audio paackages are downloaded and installed.
>
> Thanks
> Jatin

Hmm - pusleaudio device chooser does nothing for me i.e. I get no gui
but pulse audiovolume control works fine.

looking at the volume control
on my system the "internal Audio Analog Stereo" display seems
to be most important. clicking mute here turns off sound.
The "PCM2900 Audio Codec Analog Stero" has no apparent
effect.
The "Show" combo box shows "All Output Devices". Which are:
All Output Devices (default)
Hardware Output devices
Virtual Output Devices

I had no end of problems with 9.10. Soud not the leaast of them.
This guys procedure fix sound completely, well Audicity still
has a flow though problem. I figure it is an Audicity problem.

If I can help futher feel free but I am no expert on this stuff, just
lucky i guess.

I hope things work out soon.

dkr