-   -   upgrading to 9.10 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/280343-upgrading-9-10-a.html)

Osman Kemal Kadiroglu 11-14-2009 09:47 AM

upgrading to 9.10

Hi,

I have tried to upgrade AMD64 computer from 9.06 to 9.10. I used o get
the following message when I used apt-get upgrade command.

oyo@oyo-kubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
landscape-common linux-generic linux-headers-generic
linux-image-generic linux-restricted-modules-generic mencoder mplayer
swiftfox-athlon64
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded.

Now when I used KPackageKit while calculating the changes I got the
following message and could not upgrade.

Could not calculate the upgrade

An unresolvable problem occurred while calculating the upgrade:
E:Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
caused by held packages.

This can be caused by:
* Upgrading to a pre-release version of Ubuntu
* Running the current pre-release version of Ubuntu
* Unofficial software packages not provided by Ubuntu

If none of this applies, then please report this bug against the
'update-manager' package and include the files in /var/log/dist-upgrade/
in the bug report.

What am I suppose to do? Thanks for your help. Best Regards

--
Osman Kemal Kadiroglu