-   -   nc localhost 25 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/280230-nc-localhost-25-a.html)

"Cassius V. de Magalhaes" 11-13-2009 11:59 PM

nc localhost 25

Hello,

There is this simple path too:
https://help.ubuntu.com/9.10/serverguide/C/postfix.html

Cheers.

Karl F. Larsen escreveu:
On my 9.04 I am, for fun trying to get my system to use my
URL k5di.com to do email. I am trying to follow:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PostfixBasicSetupHowto

but it errors out when I try to use the basic system. It says
to use netcat localhost 25 which should get me to a new user I
made. Postfix is installed and seems to be fine. I had trouble
getting it to load because it wanted to know which version I
wanted and selected with difficulty normal.

The problem is that nc localhost 25 gets to smtp but it
errors out. Not like the help says it should. Any ideas what
might be wrong?

73 Karl