Old 11-13-2009, 08:19 PM
NoOp

Default No Sound after installing Ubuntu 9.10 (Toshiba Satellite A135-S2386)

On 11/13/2009 10:47 AM, Jatin Davey wrote:
> After installing Ubuntu 9.10 on my toshiba laptop , i am not able to
> hear any sounds.
> Actually was not able to play back any movies as well before but after
> downloading and installing VLC player i am able to see videos but no
> luck with audio so far. Could anyone let me know what needs to be done
> to fix this.
>
> Thanks
> Jatin

Try going through the different hardware profiles:
System|Preferences|Sound|Hardware - Profile. Try each one while play in
a song etc. On my old A21M Thinkpad I found that none of the 'Digital
Stereo...' profiles work, but 'Analog Surround 4.0 Output' does.