Old 11-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Steve

Default Disable Shutdown in both panel and system menu.

Having discovered how to enable/disable shutdown in the system menu from a

Steve

Old 12-15-2009, 05:34 PM
NoOp

On 11/13/2009 12:41 PM, Steve wrote:

> Having discovered how to enable/disable shutdown in the system menu from a

Old post, but nobody replied; see:
<http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/2.28/system-admin-guide.html#performance-8>
[10.3.2. Disabling Features]

Old 12-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Steve

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:34:45 -0000, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 11/13/2009 12:41 PM, Steve wrote:
>>
>> Having discovered how to enable/disable shutdown in the system menu
>> from a
>> menu.
>>

> Old post, but nobody replied; see:
> <http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/2.28/system-admin-guide.html#performance-8>
> [10.3.2. Disabling Features]

Thanks, I’ll file that for future reference. I did solve it, then the
users changed their minds and decided that people weren’t going to be
shutting the machine down accidentally.

--
Steve

Old 12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
NoOp

On 12/15/2009 11:26 AM, Steve wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:34:45 -0000, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 11/13/2009 12:41 PM, Steve wrote:
>>>
>>> Having discovered how to enable/disable shutdown in the system menu
>>> from a
>>> menu.
>>>

>> Old post, but nobody replied; see:
>> <http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/2.28/system-admin-guide.html#performance-8>
>> [10.3.2. Disabling Features]
>>

> Thanks, I’ll file that for future reference. I did solve it, then the
> users changed their minds and decided that people weren’t going to be
> shutting the machine down accidentally.

Ok. Also note that you can read the manual offline; System|Help and
Support|Search|GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide...wait while
help/Yelp sucks up all your cpu finding the search list... click on the
GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide link, bookmark it so it's easy
to find the next time around. You can of course use the
/usr/share/gnome/help/system-admin-guide/C/system-admin-guide.pdf instead.

Be aware that the installed version is only 2.14, so you'll still need
to go online to review 2.28.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Steve

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:36:50 -0000, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 12/15/2009 11:26 AM, Steve wrote:

>>> Old post, but nobody replied; see:
>>> <http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/2.28/system-admin-guide.html#performance-8>
>>> [10.3.2. Disabling Features]
>>>

>> Thanks, I’ll file that for future reference. I did solve it, then the
>> users changed their minds and decided that people weren’t going to be
>> shutting the machine down accidentally.
>>

> Ok. Also note that you can read the manual offline; System|Help and
> Support|Search|GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide...wait while
> help/Yelp sucks up all your cpu finding the search list... click on the
> GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide link, bookmark it so it's easy
> to find the next time around. You can of course use the
> /usr/share/gnome/help/system-admin-guide/C/system-admin-guide.pdf
> instead.
>
> Be aware that the installed version is only 2.14, so you'll still need
> to go online to review 2.28.

Which reminds me. The reason I didn’t use 'Help and Support' is because I
get the following message on starting it,

Unable to load page
The requested URI "file:///fakefile#index" is invalid

--
Steve