Old 11-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Alain Muls

Default Change workspace with mousescroll

Hi

How can I change the workspace by a mouse scroll on the desktop in Gnome?

bye/Alain

Alain Muls alain.muls@rma.ac.be
Royal Military Academy +32.2.7426340
Department CISS srt +32.2.7426476
Renaissance Avenue 30, B1000 Brussels

Old 11-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Seth Hoogeboom

I thought that you already could? I could do it by default, at least without having to change anything.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Chris Jones

> How can I change the workspace by a mouse scroll on the desktop in Gnome?

Move the mouse so it is hovering over the desktop pager (bottom left by
default), then just scroll....

Old 11-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Jared Greenwald

1 - install compizconfig-settings-manager
2 - run it via System -> Preferences -> "CompizConfig Settings Manager"
3 - find the "Viewport Switcher" section
4 - on the "Desktop-based Viewport Switching" tab set "Move Next" to
Button4 and "Move Prev" to Button5

Old 11-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Jared Greenwald

it was the default in 9.04, but not in 9.10 - so if you upgraded it
just probably stayed in the config

Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Jared Greenwald

That appears disabled in my fresh installs of 9.10 as well...