Old 11-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Aart Koelewijn

Default Resolved Linksys WUSB54GCV3 USB-WiFi stick

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:03:44 -0800, NoOp wrote:

> On 11/12/2009 10:48 AM, Aart Koelewijn wrote: ...
>>
>> Sorry to say, but not quit. The only test I did yesterday was with an
>> unencrypted connection. I bought this stick because the old card I had
>> in that laptop only could do WEP 64 and me router does WEP 128 or
>> better. So today I tried an encrypted connection (WPA + WPA2) and that
>> did not work. I also got some strange errors in my syslog. So I'll have
>> to run some more tests and in my opinion the patch is not ready for
>> release yet. I have reported this back to launchpad off course, but I
>> think we are on the right road.
>>
>> Aart
>>

> Do you have wapsupplicant installed?
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/wpasupplicant
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wpasupplicant/+bugs
>
> $ sudo apt-get install wpasupplicant

Yes. I tested again on another laptop with build in WiFi with which WPA +
WPA2 worked fine. I could get the stick there to work with WPA. Then in
the old laptop again and now it works there with WPA. I tried to hot-plug
there (remove PCMCIA WiFi-card, plugin Linksys stick), but that did not
work, I had to reboot the laptop. But that is good enough for me. I will
follow this bug out of interest, but as far as I'm concerned it is
resolved now.

Aart