Old 11-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Larry Alkoff

Default How to open .pdf file in Mozilla Thunderbird?

Using Kubuntu 8.04.

I sometimes have to open a .pdf attachment in a Thunderbird email.

It's cumbersome to save the file first.
How can I directly open the .pdf attachment?

I suspect it's in about:config
but didn't find anything that might do it.

larry

Old 11-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Gordon

Larry Alkoff wrote:
> Using Kubuntu 8.04.
>
> I sometimes have to open a .pdf attachment in a Thunderbird email.
>
> It's cumbersome to save the file first.
> How can I directly open the .pdf attachment?
>
> I suspect it's in about:config
> but didn't find anything that might do it.
>
> larry

Does it just not open in your pdf reader when you double-click it?

Old 11-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Wade Smart

Gordon wrote:
> Larry Alkoff wrote:
>> Using Kubuntu 8.04.
>>
>> I sometimes have to open a .pdf attachment in a Thunderbird email.
>>
>> It's cumbersome to save the file first.
>> How can I directly open the .pdf attachment?
>>
>> I suspect it's in about:config
>> but didn't find anything that might do it.
>>
>> larry
>>

> Does it just not open in your pdf reader when you double-click it?

You just double click it and it opens.

wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675