-   -   CRON message (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/279476-cron-message.html)

R Kimber 11-12-2009 03:25 PM

CRON message

Since upgrading to 9.10 I have started receiving occasional mail from
the CRON daemon saying "Can't send mail: sendmail process failed"

This seems to be a results of:-
"logcheck if [ -x /usr/sbin/logcheck ]; then nice
-n10 /usr/sbin/logcheck; fi" (all one line in the file)
in the logcheck entry in cron.d

There are no other problems with cron or with logcheck or with
sendmail that I know of. It's just this one entry, and it doesn't seem to
happen every time it runs, though I need to check on that more carefully.

Google shows some similar bugs reported in the past, but they are fairly
old. There doesn't seem to be a current bug open in launchpad (judging from
the summaries).

Any ideas what is happening? Anyone else seen this? Has an old bug
re-surfaced?

- Richard. (2.6.31-14-generic, AMD phenom2x4)
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources