Old 11-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Steve Grace

Default Easy video editing software

Mark Traceur wrote:
>> I rejected them either for being too immature (PiTiVi), having a
>> problem with sound (Kino), or being unstable (the rest).
>>

> With Kino, did you have about a two-second lagtime for audio? I had
> that, but when I exported it it sounded fine...maybe it's time for a
> bug report...

I believe I had no audio at all.

Apparently Kino doesn't play well with PulseAudio. There are some
workarounds, but they didn't work for me and my understanding is that
Kino is no longer an active project.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:26 PM
mohamed beyrem makhlouf

ah c'est grave!

2009/11/12, Steve Grace <sgrace@pobox.com>:
> Mark Traceur wrote:
>>> I rejected them either for being too immature (PiTiVi), having a
>>> problem with sound (Kino), or being unstable (the rest).
>>>

>> With Kino, did you have about a two-second lagtime for audio? I had
>> that, but when I exported it it sounded fine...maybe it's time for a
>> bug report...
>
> I believe I had no audio at all.
>
> Apparently Kino doesn't play well with PulseAudio. There are some
> workarounds, but they didn't work for me and my understanding is that
> Kino is no longer an active project.

makhlouf mohamed beyrem

ingénieur en informatique chez sagemcom

linux addected

Old 11-12-2009, 07:22 PM
NoOp

On 11/11/2009 07:36 PM, drew einhorn wrote:
> My daughter teaches at an elementary school
> and is looking for easy video editing software.
>
> A quick google search turned up this list of
> 22 free and open source video editing packages
> from the Wikipedia.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free_and_open_source_software_packages#Vid eo_editing
>
> Any recommendations on which of these packages
> (or others) that we should take a closer look at?

You might want to have a look at UbuntuStudio:

http://ubuntustudio.org/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/PackageList
and here is a list of what is in the repository & links to wishlist for
applications that are not (yet) in the repository:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Wishlist
The wishlist items with links can be installed individually of course
(cinelerra etc) & the individual packages in the repositories can be
installed directly.

Also see:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio
http://ubuntustudio.org/support
The multimedia specific forums might be a good place to check/ask.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:24 AM
Karl Auer

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 20:31 -0800, Mark Traceur wrote:
> With Kino, did you have about a two-second lagtime for audio? I had
> that, but when I exported it it sounded fine...maybe it's time for a
> bug report...

Set the audio device to /dev/dsp and the problem will go away.

Regards, K.