-   -   kickstart config (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/279399-kickstart-config.html)

Stuart Murray-Smith 11-12-2009 01:20 PM

kickstart config

Greets list :)

Trying to fold KickStart into our remastered Ubuntu-9.04-desktop CD by
placing the KickStart config file <ks.cfg> in casper/ dir say, &&
passing command line parameters at install time:

ks=cdrom:/casper/ks.cfg

KickStart isn't automating the install, so should I be preseeding
instead? I've checked the logs && can't see any KickStart errors.

Any insight highly appreciated, as always :)

Stu@

Chan Chung Hang Christopher 11-12-2009 02:17 PM

kickstart config

Stuart Murray-Smith wrote:
> Greets list :)
>
> Trying to fold KickStart into our remastered Ubuntu-9.04-desktop CD by
> placing the KickStart config file <ks.cfg> in casper/ dir say, &&
> passing command line parameters at install time:
>
> ks=cdrom:/casper/ks.cfg
>
> KickStart isn't automating the install, so should I be preseeding
> instead? I've checked the logs && can't see any KickStart errors.
>
> Any insight highly appreciated, as always :)

Kickstart support that way --> alternative install iso

Stuart Murray-Smith 11-17-2009 02:19 PM

kickstart config

Thanks Christopher for your reply :)

>> KickStart isn't automating the install, so should I be preseeding
>> instead? I've checked the logs && can't see any KickStart errors.

> Kickstart support that way --> alternative install iso

After a lot more reading up, KickStart wasn't ever going to do what I
needed to achieve anyway.

The Debian Installer d-i && Ubiquity has been designed for this
purpose. Ubiquity is a frontend to the d-i installer. I've chosen to
remaster the desktop CD because it has casper/filesystem.squashfs,
which I have customised extensively. I'm now struggling to get the
desktop CD to respond to the installer options mentioned in [1]. My
install recognises locale with option:

debian-installer/locale=en_ZA

and that's all. Doesn't respond to the other options. Has anyone had
success with Ubiquity?