Old 11-12-2009, 12:54 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Default openoffice

Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
> This might be slightly off-topic, but I didn't find a suitable newsgroup
> dedicated to openoffice.
>
> I made an openoffice presentation, including some video clips (and sound bites).
> But it seems the resulting file do not include the videos, only
> pointers, if I move the
> openoffice file, the videos doen't work. ¿How can I make a
> self-contained file, suitable
> for publishing?
>
> Kjetil

If I understand what your trying to do it should work fine.
OO can make a .ppp file that includes pictures and sound, but
those I have seen have no synch between sound and picture.

Is this what your trying to do?

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Graham Todd

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:37:58 -0300
Kjetil Halvorsen <kjetil1001@gmail.com> uttered these words:

> This might be slightly off-topic, but I didn't find a suitable
> newsgroup dedicated to openoffice.

or on irc:

#openoffice.org at irc.freenode.net

--
Graham Todd

Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Johnny Rosenberg

2009/11/12 Kjetil Halvorsen <kjetil1001@gmail.com>:
> This might be slightly off-topic, but I didn't find a suitable newsgroup
> dedicated to openoffice.
>
> I made an openoffice presentation, including some video clips (and sound bites).
> But it seems the resulting file do not include the videos, only
> pointers, if I move the
> openoffice file, the videos doen't work. ¿How can I make a
> self-contained file, suitable
> for publishing?
>
> Kjetil

users@openoffice.org

Subscribe first by sending an empty (or non-empty) email to:
users-subscribe@openoffice.org

I'm on that list (among others) myself, but I don't use Impress (the
OpenOffice.org presentation thing) at all; I am a OpenOffice.org Calc
guy, kind of…

Johnny Rosenberg

Old 11-13-2009, 06:45 PM
NoOp

On 11/12/2009 05:37 AM, Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
> This might be slightly off-topic, but I didn't find a suitable newsgroup
> dedicated to openoffice.
>
> I made an openoffice presentation, including some video clips (and sound bites).
> But it seems the resulting file do not include the videos, only
> pointers, if I move the
> openoffice file, the videos doen't work. ¿How can I make a
> self-contained file, suitable
> for publishing?

Others have pointed you the to OOo users list etc. Regarding your
question; this seems to be one of the great mysteries/aggravations of
OOo Impress.

The only way that I've found to do this is to create the presentation
with copies of the sound & video in the same folder as your OOo .odp.
So, before adding a sound/video, make sure that the file is in the same
folder as the .odp _before_ inserting it into the presentation. That way
the presentation doesn't contain links to other folders that the other
person/system doesn't have. Then when sending the .odp, send the
sound/video files along with it & instruct the other side to be sure to
have those files in the same folder as the .odp when they play it.

I've posted a question on the OOo users list to see if anyone else has
any better ideas (see:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.questions/202220), but
so far no takers.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Hristo Petkov

Hi,
Maybe it is most appropriate to choose the best packages and to include them into the repository list of the Distro by default.

When the user writes down into the search box of the GUI of the Package Installer:
OpenOffice
the packages will appear in a list.

To install the spellchecker he may write:
aspell

How will the user guess to do this - I have no idea.
Most of the users do not read any specifications and instructions at all* - they just run what they guess.

Maybe an .sh autorun file with an icon reference to the Desktop will do the job.

This could be done BTW with some other APPS as well - like for example with the VLC media player.

Regards

Old 05-09-2010, 07:37 PM
James Allsopp

Hi,
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling openoffice after an update, but an still am stuck with the 3..1 version of openoffice. I'm running squeeze so should have the 3.2 package available. Can anyone help?

Best regards
James

Old 05-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Alexander Batischev

On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 08:37:01PM +0100, James Allsopp wrote:
> Hi,
> I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling openoffice after an update, but an
> still am stuck with the 3..1 version of openoffice. I'm running squeeze so
> should have the 3.2 package available. Can anyone help?

How did you figure out that you still have 3.1? Here is how I check mine:

$ aptitude show openoffice.org-base-core

It shows '1:3.2.0-4' in Version field.

P.S. Just a blind shot: try the following command:

$ aptitude safe-upgrade

Alexander Batischev

Old 05-10-2010, 08:30 AM
James Allsopp

Brilliant, solved my problem!

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20100509194915.GA24457@eternity.smila.com

Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Patrick Dupre

Hello,

On a fedora 11, I have an extremely slow open office presentation
editor (3.1.1). It spending a lost of time in calculating what ?

Thank

--
---

Old 10-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Zoltan Hoppar

If you fed up with OOo the try this:

http://280slides.com/

Zoltan

2010/10/18 Patrick Dupre <pd520@york.ac.uk>:
> Hello,
>
> On a fedora 11, I have an extremely slow open office presentation
> editor (3.1.1). It spending a lost of time in calculating what ?
>
> Thank
>
> --
> ---

PGP:* 06853DF7