Old 11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"

Default Application to edit metadata of PDF files?

Hello,

Any one can suggest an application I can use to edit the metadata of PDF
files (Title, Author, etc.)?
I've tried pdfedit and it can edit the contents of PDF files, but
apparently not the metadata.

Thanks,

Marcelo

Old 11-11-2009, 07:52 PM
NoOp

On 11/11/2009 10:12 AM, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Any one can suggest an application I can use to edit the metadata of PDF
> files (Title, Author, etc.)?
> I've tried pdfedit and it can edit the contents of PDF files, but
> apparently not the metadata.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo

gvim or vim.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:18 PM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"

Em Quarta-feira 11 Novembro 2009, NoOp escreveu:
> On 11/11/2009 10:12 AM, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Any one can suggest an application I can use to edit the metadata
> > of PDF files (Title, Author, etc.)?
> > I've tried pdfedit and it can edit the contents of PDF files, but
> > apparently not the metadata.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Marcelo
>
> gvim or vim.

Hello,

I couldn't find any reference on using vim to edit pdf files (data or
metadata). I've searched it's man page and the vim user manual, but this
feature is not mentioned.
Can you point me to some manual or how to on editing pdf metadata with
vim?

Thanks,

Marcelo

Old 11-11-2009, 11:54 PM
NoOp

On 11/11/2009 04:18 PM, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em Quarta-feira 11 Novembro 2009, NoOp escreveu:
>> On 11/11/2009 10:12 AM, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Any one can suggest an application I can use to edit the metadata
>> > of PDF files (Title, Author, etc.)?
>> > I've tried pdfedit and it can edit the contents of PDF files, but
>> > apparently not the metadata.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Marcelo
>>
>> gvim or vim.
>>
> Hello,
>
> I couldn't find any reference on using vim to edit pdf files (data or
> metadata). I've searched it's man page and the vim user manual, but this
> feature is not mentioned.
> Can you point me to some manual or how to on editing pdf metadata with
> vim?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo

Just open the pdf in gvim, scroll to the bottom of the file and edit the
'Author' etc., then save the file.