Old 11-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Gilberto Nunes

Default Calendar and Address Book

hi all

I need some solution to synchronize Outlook address book and calendar to
Postfix on ubuntu server

Thanks

Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Preston Hagar

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Gilberto Nunes
<gilberto.nunes@selbetti.com.br> wrote:
> hi all
>
> I need some solution to synchronize Outlook address book and calendar to
> Postfix on ubuntu server
>
> Thanks
>
> Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

Postfix doesn't do shared contacts or calendering, it is just email.
If you want something that does, you might look at Zimbra
(http://www.zimbra.com) It uses Postfix and adds a lot of stuff on
top of it (including shared/synchronized contacts and calenders).
There are a few other Microsoft Exchange "replacements", you might
need to Google around for them. I have never used Zimbra or any of
the others, so I can't make an educated recommendation.

Preston

Old 11-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Sylvain Garcia

Gilberto Nunes wrote:
> hi all
>
> I need some solution to synchronize Outlook address book and calendar to
> Postfix on ubuntu server
>
> Thanks
>
> Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

hi, you can use OBM "http://www.obm.org" there is a debian repository of
latest release, but this software is professional solution to build your
own groupware, and not a personal solution, for just one desktop.

--
Sylvain Garcia
sylvain.garcia@obm.org

Old 11-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Sylvain Garcia

Old 11-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Mat

Hey Gilberto,

I use Horde (http://www.horde.org/). It's a fantastic groupware solution
for calendars and contacts among other things. We use the Funambol to
synchronize to Outlook, Thunderbird, and Windows Mobile.

I also like that it doesn't have a "Pro" version...

MatOC