-   -   jaunty the worst ever (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/278704-jaunty-worst-ever.html)

"Karl F. Larsen" 11-11-2009 12:01 PM

jaunty the worst ever

anthony baldwin wrote:
> Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:
>>> You are on the Ubuntu mainling list, which is based on Gnome,
>> But it's also a central point of "support" for Xubuntu, Edubuntu, Kubuntu,...
>> Am I wrong?
>>

> I would say YES to that, and also remind you (et al.), that Ubuntu is
> the distribution, which includes, at the core,
> a gnu/linux kernel and basic tools, packaging system, etc.,
> and, on the surface, a) an excellent community, and b) literally 1000s
> of applications, and that the DE or WM you CHOOSE to use is just one of
> those applications, and that you have many, many choices for a DE or WM,
> and that to judge the entire distribution on your experience with one of
> those DE or WMs is ludicrous.
> Don't like KDE (me neither)?
> Try one of these (all available from repos):
>
> gnome
> xfce
> fluxbox
> openbox
> ion3
> dwm
> awm
> lxde
> xmonad
> enlightenment
> jwm
> icewm
>
> Choice!
> Ah, the beauty of Free Software...
>
> /tony

Just a reminder of what was said when Jaunty was new.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Dotan Cohen 11-11-2009 12:38 PM

jaunty the worst ever

> * * * *Just a reminder of what was said when Jaunty was new.

Nice! Can you find them for previous versions as well? Those who do
not remember history are doomed to repeat it.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Robert Spanjaard 11-11-2009 01:19 PM

jaunty the worst ever

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:38:10 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> * * * *Just a reminder of what was said when Jaunty was new.
>>

> Nice! Can you find them for previous versions as well? Those who do not
> remember history are doomed to repeat it.

You mean Canonical? Releasing two buggy versions in a row?

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

Chan Chung Hang Christopher 11-11-2009 01:39 PM

jaunty the worst ever

Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:38:10 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>

>>> Just a reminder of what was said when Jaunty was new.
>>>

>> Nice! Can you find them for previous versions as well? Those who do not
>> remember history are doomed to repeat it.
>>

> You mean Canonical? Releasing two buggy versions in a row?

+1