Old 01-03-2008, 03:52 PM
"Devon Harding"

Default Verizon VZAccess?

Has anyone gotten any Verizon EVDO air cards to to work with Ubuntu 7.10?* I have the Sierra 595U usb card and would like to know if it will work.

-Devon

Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Scott Sharkey

Devon Harding wrote:
> Has anyone gotten any Verizon EVDO air cards to to work with Ubuntu
> 7.10? I have the Sierra 595U usb card and would like to know if it will
> work.

I have one of the Verizon cards working. I had to set it up under
Windows (they download something to it, I think), but then it worked
as a PPP device under ubuntu. I did a google search that found a page
telling me how to do it.

-Scott

Old 01-04-2008, 04:09 PM
"Devon Harding"

I have one of the Verizon cards working. I had to set it up under

Windows (they download something to it, I think), but then it worked
as a PPP device under ubuntu. *I did a google search that found a page
telling me how to do it.

-Scott

Do you have link on the setup?

Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 PM
"Devon Harding"

Ok, I got Gnome PPP to connect and surf.* Setup was pretty easy.* Just used the following config:

Username: xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com
Passsword: vzw
Phone number: #777

Modem
Device: /dev/ttyUSB0
Type: USB Modem
Speed: 115200

The only issue (well not really) I have is that after I connect, the dialer shows 'Dialing #777', even after it has connected and assigned an IP address.* How do I get the dialog to either say connected or just minimize?

-Devon

Old 01-05-2008, 04:00 PM
"John DeCarlo"