Old 11-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Rashkae

Default can't send attachment

Douglas Pollard wrote:
> HI all,
> I don't have a send attachment button in Thunderbird. I am using
> Karmic don't know if it disappeared in the upgrade or not. Anybodu got
> any idea's as to what to do about that? Go to Thunderbird for help?
>
> Doug

Right click on the toolbar where the icon is supposed to be, choose
Customize, drag Attach from the dialogue box onto the toolbar.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Douglas Pollard

Rashkae wrote:
> Douglas Pollard wrote:
>
>> HI all,
>> I don't have a send attachment button in Thunderbird. I am using
>> Karmic don't know if it disappeared in the upgrade or not. Anybodu got
>> any idea's as to what to do about that? Go to Thunderbird for help?
>>
>> Doug
>>

> Right click on the toolbar where the icon is supposed to be, choose
> Customize, drag Attach from the dialogue box onto the toolbar.

Rashkae,
I did as you said, chose customize but there is no attachment
icon in there to put into the tool bar. Any other idea's.

Thanks Doug

Old 11-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Douglas Pollard

Old 11-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Steve

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:12:55 -0000, Douglas Pollard <dougpol1@verizon.net>
wrote:

> Rashkae wrote:
>> Douglas Pollard wrote:
>>
>>> HI all,
>>> I don't have a send attachment button in Thunderbird. I am using
>>> Karmic don't know if it disappeared in the upgrade or not. Anybodu got
>>> any idea's as to what to do about that? Go to Thunderbird for help?
>>>
>>> Doug
>>>

>> Right click on the toolbar where the icon is supposed to be, choose
>> Customize, drag Attach from the dialogue box onto the toolbar.
>>

> Rashkae,
> I did as you said, chose customize but there is no attachment
> icon in there to put into the tool bar. Any other idea's.
> Thanks Doug

Try ticking the small icons box or changing icons beside text to icon.

--
Steve

Old 11-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Douglas Pollard

Steve wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:12:55 -0000, Douglas Pollard <dougpol1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>

>> Rashkae wrote:

>>> Right click on the toolbar where the icon is supposed to be, choose
>>> Customize, drag Attach from the dialogue box onto the toolbar.
>>>

>> Rashkae,
>> I did as you said, chose customize but there is no attachment
>> icon in there to put into the tool bar. Any other idea's.
>> Thanks Doug
>>

> Try ticking the small icons box or changing icons beside text to icon.

OK, There was a File icon in there and I moved it to the tool-bar and
the Attachment paper clip icon showed up on the tool-bar. I don't
understand as they seem unrelated but it worked. I can now send an
attachment.

Thanks Doug

Old 11-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Steve

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:40:39 -0000, Douglas Pollard <dougpol1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>> Try ticking the small icons box or changing icons beside text to icon.
>>

> OK, There was a File icon in there and I moved it to the tool-bar and
> the Attachment paper clip icon showed up on the tool-bar. I don't
> understand as they seem unrelated but it worked. I can now send an
> attachment.
> Thanks Doug

I assumed a config file was corrupt and change something caused it to be
rewritten
--
Steve