Old 11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"

Default Sony Reader and (K)Ubuntu 9.10

Hello,

When I connect a Sony Reader Touch in a machine running Karmic, I can
see in /var/log/messages that two new devices become available: /dev/sdh
and /dev/sdj
However, they are not automounted and they do not appear in the list of
available devices in KDE's device notifier.
If I mount them manually, I can access their contents.
Also, these devices do not appear in Virtualbox, so I cannot connect the
Reader to a Windows VM to see what happens.

What do I need to do to get these devices automounted when I plug in the
Reader? And to get them available to Virtualbox (I'm running Sun's full
edition)?

Thanks,

Marcelo

Old 11-10-2009, 06:19 PM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"

Em Terça-feira 10 Novembro 2009, Marcelo Magno T. Sales escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> When I connect a Sony Reader Touch in a machine running Karmic, I can
> see in /var/log/messages that two new devices become available:
> /dev/sdh and /dev/sdj
> However, they are not automounted and they do not appear in the list
> of available devices in KDE's device notifier.
> If I mount them manually, I can access their contents.
> Also, these devices do not appear in Virtualbox, so I cannot connect
> the Reader to a Windows VM to see what happens.
>
> What do I need to do to get these devices automounted when I plug in
> the Reader? And to get them available to Virtualbox (I'm running
> Sun's full edition)?

Never mind. After a reboot, it worked.

Thanks,

Marcelo