Old 11-10-2009, 05:41 PM
OOzy Pal

Default Kjots counterpart in Gnome

Is there a gnome program similar to Kjots?

--
OOzy
Ubuntu (9.04)

Old 11-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Graham Todd

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:41:49 +0300
OOzy Pal <oozypal@gmail.com> uttered these words:

> Is there a gnome program similar to Kjots?

Gjots2 should do you - but then I've never seen Kjots

Seems to be in the repos

--
Graham Todd

Old 11-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Robert Holtzman

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 09:41:49PM +0300, OOzy Pal wrote:
> Is there a gnome program similar to Kjots?

Tomboy

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279

Old 11-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Scott

OOzy Pal wrote:
> Is there a gnome program similar to Kjots?

You really need to give tomboy notes a try. It should be installed by
default in Ubuntu. It is light years ahead of kjots and one of the
reasons I switched from KDE to Gnome. Tomboy haves all the basics plus
synchronization with Ubuntu one, and even a really nice wiki style
linking system. Whenever you write a word that is a note title it will
automagically highlight and become a link to that note; I love that
feature .

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 9.10

Old 11-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Dotan Cohen

> Is there a gnome program similar to Kjots?

You might want to look at Zim Wiki, it is in very active development.
It is currently based on Perl / GTK but it is being ported by the main
developer to Python / GTK.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
NoOp

On 11/10/2009 10:41 AM, OOzy Pal wrote:
> Is there a gnome program similar to Kjots?

You haven't found the answer since you asked this back in 2007?

Old 11-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Dotan Cohen

>> Is there a gnome program similar to Kjots?
>>

> You haven't found the answer since you asked this back in 2007?

To be fair, I also have some issues going back that far, which I
occasionally try to find a solution for every now and then. In fact,
it was around 2007 that I stopped using Knowit (similar to Kjots in a
sense) and I still haven't found a program that does all that Knowit
did.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 11-27-2009, 08:10 PM
OOzy Pal

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 11/10/2009 10:41 AM, OOzy Pal wrote:
>> Is there a gnome program similar to Kjots?
>>

> You haven't found the answer since you asked this back in 2007?
>
>> From: "OOzy Pal" <oozypal@gmail.com>
>> Subject: A program similar to Kjots in Gnome
>> Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 20:25:17 +0300
>>
>> Is there a gnome program similar to Kjots?
>>
>> --
>> OOzy
>> Ubuntu-Feisty

Not really,
I could not find an answer and as Dotan said, I ask every one and a
while. I was happy with with Kjots until I upgrade to 9.10 and
everything was ok. As soon as I installed Kjots and its dependencies,
MySQL started give an error.

--
OOzy
Ubuntu (9.04)