Old 11-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Graham Watkins

Default Gnome Panel Instability

Hi folks,

Recently upgraded to 9.10 and generally it's a blast. However there is
one thing that I'm finding annoying.

I have a top and bottom panel in Gnome with lots of useful applets on
them but since the upgrade, when I start up one of them might not be
there or they swap places or applets have just vanished from them. Last
night all my minimised program buttons disappeared. I have tried
creating a new panel from scratch but the problem persists.

I have no idea what's causing it or where to start looking. Anybody
fixed anything like this before?

cheers,

Graham Watkins

Old 11-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Larry Shields

Graham Watkins wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Recently upgraded to 9.10 and generally it's a blast. However there is
> one thing that I'm finding annoying.
>
> I have a top and bottom panel in Gnome with lots of useful applets on
> them but since the upgrade, when I start up one of them might not be
> there or they swap places or applets have just vanished from them. Last
> night all my minimised program buttons disappeared. I have tried
> creating a new panel from scratch but the problem persists.
>
> I have no idea what's causing it or where to start looking. Anybody
> fixed anything like this before?
>
> cheers,
>

> Graham Watkins

/*Hello, I also have the same thing happening here once in a while, so
What I do is to reboot and run the system recover, once I get the prompt
I run dpkg to fix packages, now sometimes it finds needed packages and
fixes then, if not once it goes through the packages, the prompt comes
back up...I then say Ok to resume, once it is finished it will ask you
to login, and doing so type startx...You will then be able to see your
main screen...

Now it some times works and then it does not, so I would hope that thee
is a fix for it...If you find out please pass it on...

Thanks Larry
*/