Old 11-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Knute Johnson

Default tcpwrappers for sendmail?

Rashkae wrote:
> Knute Johnson wrote:
>> I have a ubuntu server installation running sendmail. Is it possible to
>> configure it to use tcpwrappers to control access? If so can somebody
>> give me the details?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/tcp-wrappers-rejection-with-sendmail-175731/

Thanks for the post but that isn't really my problem. Tcpwrappers or
sendmail (I'm not sure which), as it is currently configured in my
installation, does not affect arriving mail connections. If I put
ALL:ALL in my hosts deny, sendmail still works flawlessly.

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson
knute2009@knutejohnson.com

Old 11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Rashkae

Knute Johnson wrote:
> Rashkae wrote:
>> Knute Johnson wrote:
>>> I have a ubuntu server installation running sendmail. Is it possible to
>>> configure it to use tcpwrappers to control access? If so can somebody
>>> give me the details?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/tcp-wrappers-rejection-with-sendmail-175731/
>>

> Thanks for the post but that isn't really my problem. Tcpwrappers or
> sendmail (I'm not sure which), as it is currently configured in my
> installation, does not affect arriving mail connections. If I put
> ALL:ALL in my hosts deny, sendmail still works flawlessly.
>
> Thanks,

ookay, sorry I'm working blind, as I've never installed sendmail since
Slackware days, and can't really test. But just to confirm, you are
certain that you are, in fact using sendmail? Note that any MTA
installed (postfix, exim, etc) will include a sendmail binary, even
though it's not really sendmail. (If that makes sense to you, you get
to keep my job

Old 11-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Knute Johnson

Rashkae wrote:
> Knute Johnson wrote:
>> Rashkae wrote:

>>> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/tcp-wrappers-rejection-with-sendmail-175731/
>>>
>> Thanks for the post but that isn't really my problem. Tcpwrappers or
>> sendmail (I'm not sure which), as it is currently configured in my
>> installation, does not affect arriving mail connections. If I put
>> ALL:ALL in my hosts deny, sendmail still works flawlessly.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> ookay, sorry I'm working blind, as I've never installed sendmail since
> Slackware days, and can't really test. But just to confirm, you are
> certain that you are, in fact using sendmail? Note that any MTA
> installed (postfix, exim, etc) will include a sendmail binary, even
> though it's not really sendmail. (If that makes sense to you, you get
> to keep my job

I'm pretty sure it is just sendmail.