Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Raseel Bhagat

Default doubt on cloud computing

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Mark Traceur <marktraceur@gmail.com> wrote:

Raseel, it's a general discussion, isn't it? Maybe he's programming on

Ubuntu, who knows. That being said, we can't do his homework for him.

I gotta say that, from the start, I was excited to see the question

asked: Will OpenOffice (or other open source office suites) be

replaced by the cloud soon? Is there any need for Open Source software

(in the eyes of the public) when cloud apps are all free?

--MarkTraceur

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Raseel Bhagat <raseelbhagat@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Senthil Kumar M <ms.cs.engg@gmail.com>

> wrote:

>> Very THanks for the link. Give some IDEAs,, I want to do project in

>> cloud(I'm finalyear student). I could not figured it out, how to do this..

>> Give some idea how to start

> Senthil, why are you asking this on a Ubuntu list ?

> Do you need any specific answers w.r.t Cloud computing and Ubuntu ?

> --

> Raseel

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they

get all the money. Where's the justice there?

Thought experiment: say a major component of a Linux desktop

environment got patent-fucked. W... *-

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/a21n2/thought_experiment_say_a_major_component_of_a/

Hey Mark,

I don't know if this list is for general discussions.
If he really IS programming for the Cloud on Ubuntu, or if had questions pertaining to softwares like Hadoop, Eucalyptus, etc. I would definitely encourage the discussion.

I was only pointing out that there is not even a mention of Ubuntu in his posts.

--
Raseel

Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Senthil Kumar M

I'm ubuntu user. I'm a big fan of ubuntu,, I am going to do my project in ubuntu only guys..Dont ask me that ubuntu is just os..how could it help in case of cloud...

I heard a lot abt cloud computing in ubuntu...like ubuntu private cloud in ubuntu server...But I dont get a clear picture..how they are doing these things..Others Like ibm,msoft..may not have enough those informations since cloud..is an emerging tech..(just my view)

So I thought asking here in ubuntu list will be a help. If my project succeed well means I will make it opensource,,,Since I use opensource mostly..

@mark : what u said makes some sense...I agree..who knows,, assume if the cloud* computing related projects brings something innovative and happynews to our opensource world..wont u accept?*

Old 11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Senthil Kumar M

@raseel

Cool..The discussion is not started yet...I dont abt the handoop etc..that;s why I didnot specified those..

Old 11-11-2009, 02:34 AM
Senthil Kumar M

no response...

Old 11-11-2009, 02:44 AM
Mark Traceur

> no response...

Senthil, general opinion seems to be that this discussion has little
to do with Ubuntu...

Thanks for your interest, though, I hope you can find a way to impact
the cloud sector!

--MarkTraceur

--

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?

SourceForge Incorporated changes its name to Geeknet -
http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/a2xd1/sourceforge_incorporated_changes_its_name_to/

Old 11-11-2009, 02:49 AM
NoOp

On 11/10/2009 07:34 PM, Senthil Kumar M wrote:
> no response...

To what?

If you are a "finalyear student" then certainly you'll know how to use a
search engine to find general answers. This is an Ubuntu technical list,
see:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/
"ubuntu-users -- Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"

Your original post:
<quote>
Hello,
Upto my understanding cloud computing is something like a software as
service what google provides (online spreadsheets).
Am I right peoples?

I have a doubt. It provides spreadsheet feature so v no need to install
excel software, so if v programmed some applications and hosted it in
internet..is called cloud computing??? becoz gmail done that I think,
they programmed for spreadsheets and provide it as additional service right?
clear my doubts please..
</quote>

has *nothing* whatsoever to do with this list.

If you'd like information regarding Canonical's commercial/free cloud
computing services, then these links may help answer your questions
regarding that service:
http://www.ubuntu.com/cloud

Other than that, I'd suggest that you look elsewhere for your answers.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Raseel Bhagat

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 11/10/2009 07:34 PM, Senthil Kumar M wrote:

> no response...

To what?

If you are a "finalyear student" then certainly you'll know how to use a

search engine to find general answers. This is an Ubuntu technical list,

see:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/

"ubuntu-users -- Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"

*

has *nothing* whatsoever to do with this list.

Thank You !! This was exactly what I was trying to point out.
*

--
Raseel