Old 11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Cadei Raoul

Default Netbeans not working properly for web deployment

Good morning,

I have a medium problem with Netbeans, that I currently use for web apps
development. I already posted this message to the netbeans mailing
lists, but no answer was given to solve my issue so far.

I copy and paste the original message, that is quite detailed:

"I'm currently using netbeans to develop a web application. The
application also uses an applet, to do special tasks. The virtual
machine that I'm using is Sun 1.6.0_15.

When I try to debug the application (with or without the javascript
debugger), Firefox opens up but nothing happens: I can see the frame of
the applet (gray) but the applet is not loaded. No errors in the log.
The same happen if I try to run the application in normal mode, without
dubug.

Instead, if I run the application outside Netbeans, all works well.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, with the packaged Netbeans that is in the
repositories. But this happens also if I use the same version downloaded
from Netbeans website and the new 6.8beta.

Application server is Tomcat 6.0.18, downloaded from Apache website. But
the same happen using Tomcat included in 6.7.1 and 6.8beta from Netbeans
package.

Also, if I try to reload the page or I launch another debug or run
session, the browser freezes and I have to kill it. Just after, opening
Firefox from outside Netbeans, it does not show my home page but the
page with the working applet! It seems that the second request (that is
made when I try to reload the page) remains pending until Netbeans
looses the control on the application.

It seems a problem of "communication" between Netbeans, the virtual
machine and the browser.

The strange thing is that the first one or two times it worked in the
right way, and then... boh!

How can I enable an higher level of debug for Netbeans? Where may I look
to see the errors? Help is greatly appreciated!"

I have also found that all this happens ONLY if no instance of Firefox
is running. Indeed if I already have Firefox open on any page, the
deployment goes well.

Please help, because I'm getting crazy to solve this issue. Thanks in
advance.

--

Raoul Cadei
t.b.