Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Arun Shrimali

Default Audio on Ubuntu 9.10

Dear All,

Recently I have loaded Ubuntu 9.10.
I would like to run audio on browser (firefox). I ahve tried a lot to
run audio on firefox but failed. I have loaded restricted-extra, all
gstreamer, xine, etc. but no result. Where as sound is working
properly on my PC. (with booting sound etc.)

I could not run the radio in google gadgets, I could not run BBC online radio ??

Can any body help me how to clean all the junk and installed required
softwares / codecs (???) so that I can play audio on above sites.

Regards

Arun

Old 11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
bqz69

> Can any body help me how to clean all the junk and installed required
> softwares / codecs (???) so that I can play audio on above sites.

You might check this one out, but beware, there is a lot information -and
links to follow, and it is not directed directly towards 9.10 :-)

Old 11-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Mark Traceur

Is that a Flashplayer applet? If so, you need to install the
flashplugin-nonfree package (use any method), or if it's a realplayer
stream (I don't know how many actually USE realplayer anymore) you
might be able to download/save the file and open it with Totem...

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:42 AM, bqz69 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
>> Can any body help me how to clean all the junk and installed required
>> softwares / codecs *(???) so that I can play audio on above *sites.
>
> You might check this one out, but beware, there is a lot information -and
> links to follow, and it is not directed directly towards 9.10 :-)

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?

KDE4 NetworkManager Client Finally Here -
http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/a1zav/kde4_networkmanager_client_finally_here/

Old 11-10-2009, 08:59 PM
NoOp

On 11/10/2009 01:35 AM, Arun Shrimali wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Recently I have loaded Ubuntu 9.10.
> I would like to run audio on browser (firefox). I ahve tried a lot to
> run audio on firefox but failed. I have loaded restricted-extra, all
> gstreamer, xine, etc. but no result. Where as sound is working
> properly on my PC. (with booting sound etc.)
>
> I could not run the radio in google gadgets, I could not run BBC online radio ??

BBC online radio (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/worldservice/)
is flash. Do you have flash installed?

You're on your own with google gadgets.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:31 AM
thomas

Check the System >>Preference >>Sound to see if it is set to mute.
I had the problem when I was upgraded. Accidentally discovered this
while exploring for something else. Unchecked the muted and I am able
to get the on-line old time radio programs station, BBC, CBC and other
stations.

Do you ever listen to BBC RadioFOUR? I like it very much. Even listen
to "The Archers".

Thomas