Old 11-10-2009, 05:03 AM
RobertHoltzman

Default ext3 in 9.10

I seem to recall a post that talked about specifying ext3 on a fresh
install of 9.10. Can't find the post in question. Can some one confirm
whether that option exists. If it does I'll probably install next month.

Searches failed to turn up the answer.

--
Bob Holtzman
GPG key ID = 8D549279

Old 11-10-2009, 06:30 AM
John Scott

I seem to recall a post that talked about specifying ext3 on a fresh
install of 9.10. Can't find the post in question. Can some one confirm
whether that option exists. If it does I'll probably install next month.

Searches failed to turn up the answer.

--
Bob Holtzman
GPG key ID = 8D549279
If you think you're getting free lunch
check the price of the beer.

It does when you manually partition. You can choose between any
supported file system.

John

Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Robert Holtzman

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, John Scott wrote:

> [...]

Then it's the same as previous versions in that respect. I saw a lot of
references to ext4 being the default file system and wondered.

Thanks.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279