Old 11-10-2009, 03:04 AM
Mark Traceur

Default C++ Mailing List?

I'm trying to subscribe to a bunch of relevant mailing lists today
(Ubuntu Users was one), but I can't seem to find one for C++. Does
anyone know of one?

--

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?

Old 11-10-2009, 03:34 AM
"H.S."

Mark Traceur wrote:
> I'm trying to subscribe to a bunch of relevant mailing lists today
> (Ubuntu Users was one), but I can't seem to find one for C++. Does
> anyone know of one?

Can't recall a mailing list for this purpose. There is a newsgroup
though, comp.lang.c++. But the people there are very anal about the
topic being discussed. If any post veers off topic according to their
own opinion (!), they are ready to burn the offending poster at a stake.
So be careful. In other words, unless you want to discuss the C++
_standard_ strictly, the group is probably not of much help.

Having said that, I would still encourage you to subscribe to that
groups from a news server. It is quite helpful in many regards, as long
as you keep the context in mind.

Another option: I have found stackoverflow website to be very helpful
with general programing questions.

Good luck.

ever having been read.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:40 AM
Mark Traceur

> Can't recall a mailing list for this purpose. There is a newsgroup
> though, comp.lang.c++. But the people there are very anal about the
> topic being discussed. If any post veers off topic according to their
> own opinion (!), they are ready to burn the offending poster at a stake.
> So be careful. In other words, unless you want to discuss the C++
> _standard_ strictly, the group is probably not of much help.
>
> Having said that, I would still encourage you to subscribe to that
> groups from a news server. It is quite helpful in many regards, as long
> as you keep the context in mind.
>
> Another option: I have found stackoverflow website to be very helpful
> with general programing questions.
>
> Good luck.

All right, well, thanks for the tips. I guess I can just ask questions
as I come across problems. Cheers!

Old 11-10-2009, 05:32 AM
Eric Morey

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 20:04 -0800, Mark Traceur wrote:
> I'm trying to subscribe to a bunch of relevant mailing lists today
> (Ubuntu Users was one), but I can't seem to find one for C++. Does
> anyone know of one?

Maybe one of the mailing lists hosted by ACCU.org is what you are
looking for?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Brian J Mingus

I'm trying to subscribe to a bunch of relevant mailing lists today

(Ubuntu Users was one), but I can't seem to find one for C++. Does

anyone know of one?
irc.freenode.net, #c++ channel.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 20:04 -0800, Mark Traceur wrote:
> I'm trying to subscribe to a bunch of relevant mailing lists today
> (Ubuntu Users was one), but I can't seem to find one for C++. Does
> anyone know of one?

comp.lang.c++ in Usenet.

Most ISPs provide a Usenet (newsgroup) server. Otherwise you can use
Google to use it (in Google groups).

--
Ioannis Vranos

C95 / C++03 Software Developer

http://www.cpp-software.net

Old 11-10-2009, 04:01 PM
John L Fjellstad

Mark Traceur <marktraceur@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to subscribe to a bunch of relevant mailing lists today
> (Ubuntu Users was one), but I can't seem to find one for C++. Does
> anyone know of one?

If you have a programming question related to unix, then I find
comp.unix.programmer useful

--
John L. Fjellstad
web: http://www.fjellstad.org/ Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Old 11-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Mark Traceur

> irc.freenode.net, #c++ channel.

That's what I wound up doing, but it's not as convenient or
well-placed as email.

--

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?

Please help: Ubuntu 9.10 wifi/password problem -
http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/a3r0g/please_help_ubuntu_910_wifipassword_problem/