Old 11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Rick Berger

Default Lost Evolution's calendar contents, what do I copy from my 9.04 tar backup file?

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 14:08 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> On 11/09/2009 01:30 PM, Rick Berger wrote:
> >

> > Just updated to 9.10 the other day. I just clicked on Couchdb->Ubuntu in
> > Evolution's contacts got a message to the effect that something is not
> > specified. Then a little later went the check my calendar launcher panel
> > and it looks like calendar contents are now lost. I did get another
> > message I found under other open windows saying calendar was not
> > responding. Given I did a Evolution backup under 9.04, what do I copy
> > from this tar backup file to get my calendar contents back?
>
> >From Nautilus, double-click the evolution-backup.tar.gz file and open in
> the archive manager. Double-click the .evolution folder & you'll find
> the the calendar folder. Single-click that folder and then 'Extract'.

I've replaced all the file in their appropriate sub-directories in
"calendar" from their backups and nothing appears in Evolution's
calendar. Could there be something I've accidentally switched off?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Robert Hodgins

> I've replaced all the file in their appropriate sub-directories in
> "calendar" from their backups and nothing appears in Evolution's
> calendar. Could there be something I've accidentally switched off?

Maybe. Look in the upper left corner of the calendar screen. Under the
Heading "On This Computer" there should be various entries. These are
your calendars. Do they have checkmarks beside them?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Rick Berger

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 18:19 -0700, Robert Hodgins wrote:

> > I've replaced all the file in their appropriate sub-directories in
> > "calendar" from their backups and nothing appears in Evolution's
> > calendar. Could there be something I've accidentally switched off?
>
> Maybe. Look in the upper left corner of the calendar screen. Under the
> Heading "On This Computer" there should be various entries. These are
> your calendars. Do they have checkmarks beside them?

Yes they were unchecked, I should of looked the obvious. Everything is
there. Thanks for the help, it's really appreciated.

Rick