Old 11-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Rashkae

Default How to disable apparmor

How can I disable apparmor in Karmic?

I tried changing the rcS.d link from S37apparmor to K37apparmor (as I
have in previous versions of ubuntu,) but that didn't kill it as advertised.

I then tried to remove the symlink entirely, but that didn't work
either. (presumably, it's started right from initrd?)

Old 11-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Rashkae

Rashkae wrote:
> How can I disable apparmor in Karmic?
>
> I tried changing the rcS.d link from S37apparmor to K37apparmor (as I
> have in previous versions of ubuntu,) but that didn't kill it as advertised.
>
> I then tried to remove the symlink entirely, but that didn't work
> either. (presumably, it's started right from initrd?)

Update: I did RTFM and appeneded apparmor=0 to my kernel options. But
I'm still curious, where in the start up sequence are the apparmor
profiles getting loaded?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
NoOp

On 11/09/2009 01:49 PM, Rashkae wrote:
> Rashkae wrote:
>> How can I disable apparmor in Karmic?
>>
>> I tried changing the rcS.d link from S37apparmor to K37apparmor (as I
>> have in previous versions of ubuntu,) but that didn't kill it as advertised.
>>
>> I then tried to remove the symlink entirely, but that didn't work
>> either. (presumably, it's started right from initrd?)
>>

> Update: I did RTFM and appeneded apparmor=0 to my kernel options. But
> I'm still curious, where in the start up sequence are the apparmor
> profiles getting loaded?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingApparmor
has some info that may be useful.