Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Rashkae

Default Feature requests

Is there a website where we can post Ubuntu ideas / feature requests? I
remember some kind of "brainstorm" site, but I think that was a one time
idea gathering.

I think it's long past time that network manager get some kind of plugin
to enable/disable ufw (ie, Microsoft's trusted vs public network) for
different network connections. That's one idea they at least got right.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Steve

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/
--
Steve

Old 11-09-2009, 07:38 PM
NoOp

On 11/09/2009 11:28 AM, Rashkae wrote:
> Is there a website where we can post Ubuntu ideas / feature requests? I
> remember some kind of "brainstorm" site, but I think that was a one time
> idea gathering.
>
> I think it's long past time that network manager get some kind of plugin
> to enable/disable ufw (ie, Microsoft's trusted vs public network) for
> different network connections. That's one idea they at least got right.

<http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0#complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Bbrai nstorm>

:-)

Regarding ufw:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ufw/+bug/262438
[Firewall profiles based on network connection]
may be the place to add comments.

Also:
https://help.ubuntu.com/9.04/serverguide/C/firewall.html
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFirewall